There has been an explosion of US makeup brands into the UK in the past couple of years. In the past we would see many brands on YouTube and not be able to get hold of it here. We would lament our lack of cool brands. Anyone who was going to the states would be bribed to bring back items for us. You Tubers would do beauty swaps of brands that were only available in their respective countries (remember those?). Time are changing from Tarte to Juvias place there are thankfully lots of American brands that I can access without the ridiculous shipping charges and four week wait for the product. That has and cotinues to change but there are still 10 US makeup brands that I am wishing that full range was here
Introducing our new COVERGIRLS and a new #COVERGIRL. #IAmWhatIMakeUp celebrates the power of every individual to create who they are and who they want to be. 💄👏🏽💁 We couldn’t be prouder of these #coverGirlBosses: @ayeshacurry, @issarae, @shelina93racing, @mayemusk, @katyperry, and @massy.arias! 👸🏾👸🏿👸🏻👸🏼👸🏼👸🏽#COVERGIRLMADE
- Cover Girl – is our Max Factor and the CoverGirl Queen line caters specifically to deep and dark skintones. Their bronzer has cult status, as do their brand ambassadors from Queen Latifah to Janelle Monet. I need access to this brand.
- Feather River Body – Ohhhh my flipping goodness, this brand is eye shadows galore and I need them all.
- Gold Label Cosmetics – the reason that I love this brand if for their colours. This relatively new brand is doing bold lip colour in a wearable way and I love it and I want to be able to access it easily but this New York business hasn’t got a UK distributor and it makes me sad. Especially as I want a mug too.
- Koh Gen Do – I have used their cotton wool which was nice but since they have reformulated their foundations to include deeper shades I need to get hold of this range. I figure that a pro makeup store like Guru or PAM would be the perfect stockists, but until that happens, I will just have to adore the range from afar.
- Lorac – You know I am an eyeshadow fanatic. This brand had to be on the list. I have seen so many mixed reviews for the Pro and Mega Pro palettes that I just need to try them for myself.
- Melt – I have a couple of the melt lipsticks and I love them. The eyeshadow stacks have been on my wishlist for years. I know that if there was a UK stockists I would probably just bite the bullet and buy loads in one go and be happy…. but there isn’t and the shipping costs are not helpful in this era of the weak pound.
- Sacha Cosmetics – not an American brand (big up Trini fam!) but if I was in the states I would be able to get hold of the range more easily. Everyone and their sister went crazy for their yellow powder but for me (again) it is the bronzer that I am most interested in. They also have a slew of complexion products
- Shu Umera – This brand is Japanese but widely available in the US. While they were here I adored them and now that they are gone, I miss them. They need to come back cos I need beauty tools. That is all.
- Sonia Kashuk – for the brushes. I feel pretty meh about the makeup from what I have seen online but her brushes are what get me excited. The variety of styles and sizes are what I need… but alas, only in the US at Target.
- Wet n Wild – When I first got into Youtube, Wet and Wild were all the rage. They then seemed to go into hibernation for a couple of years. Clearly they are back with a bandg and I want in on it. Why cant I get hold of them? Whyyyyy???
No doubt, this list will become defunct over the next few months – if it does, I will update it. Let me know which brands you wish were more available. Follow me on Instagram for more beauty news and reviews.
26th August update – a small edit of Sacha cosmetics are now available from Superdrug online.