When I got the email, from Liberty’s saying that there was an ‘Ultimate Beauty Gift offer in stores …. while stocks last I went straight to the website to have a look. As a beauty addict, and in celebration of my birthday, I immediately took my card out of my purse and attempted to make a purchase… however there was a small problem … to do with the fact that my bank has been taken over by another bank… and the fact that my card had been stopped without me knowing… but I digress. Anyway, I am a beauty addict so the small issue of a stopped card would not stop me from getting hold the Ultimate Beauty Gift. That evening, after work, I took myself, cash and Liberty’s loyal card in hand and bought products to the value of £125 to secure my Ultimate Beauty Gift. To say that I was excited is an understatement. I was so excited about it that I knocked over the ESPA display with my handbag when I went to pay. Very embarrassing but true.
Recently I got the Selfridges Beauty Box. Slightly different concept, but both stores have recently upgraded their beauty offer so it is understandable that they would look for a marketing strategy to promote it. Do I think that the Liberty’s version is better than the Selfridge one? No, not better just different. The Selfridges Box was fifteen pounds, so subject to you knowing about it, it was straightforward enough to purchase one. I would suggest that fifteen pounds is in the beauty budget of most beauty fans whether they buy drug store or high end products. The Liberty’s version required an spend of one hundred and twenty five pounds on beauty products to be eligible for it. The lovely lady from ESPA pointed out that the beauty brands in Liberty’s tend not to do Gift with Purchase (GWP) promotions, however, one hundred and twenty five pound outlay is more than eight times that required for the Selfridge Box. I recall that Liberty did an Ultimate Beauty Gift last year and if memory serves, the purchase level required to receive it was ninety pounds. Admitedly there was less products and therefore less value in the gift but a thirty five pound increase, in twelve months, considering the current economic climate is quite a hike!
Notwithstanding all of the above, I am very very very happy with the Ultimate Beauty Gift!
Have a look at what I got…
So many products, they don’t all fit in the make up bag!!!
- Aesop – Rind Concentrate Body Balm
- Aromatherapy Associates – Renew Rose Body Cream
- Byredo Parfums – Blanche Body Lotion
- Chantecaille – Luminous Lipgloss (Lychee)
- Cowshed – Cow Slip Soothing Handcream
- Decleor – Aroma Confort Systeme Corps
- Dermalogica – Daily Microfoliant
- Diptyque – Mimosa Scented Candle
- Ellis Faas – Glazed Lips (L304)
- ESPA – Energising Body Lotion
- Hourglass – Film Noir Full Spectrum Mascara
- Kiehls – Ultra Facial Moisturizer
- Laura Mercier – Eye Basics (Wheat)
- Malin +Goetz – Grapefruit face cleanser
- Margaret Dabbs – Intensive Treatment Foot Oil
- QMS Medicosmetics – Hand Care
- Ren – Hydra Calm Cleansing Milk
- Trish McEvoy – Beauty Booster SPF 15 Lip Gloss (Pretty Pink)
Did you get the Ultimate Beauty Gift? What is your favourite product ?