I love nails, but I am not a nail expert like Kerise from NailCandy 101. If you want to know about nails, check out her blog, or tweet her – she knows her stuff. So when she told me that Ciate had brought out a Sequin Maniucure I got more then a bit excited. I love sequins, expecially during the festive season . Kerise has written my first Guest Post which explains what the Ciate Manicure is and how to do it!
Ciate Sequin Manicure Set
This winter Ciate has released the third installment of their textured manicures; the Sequin manicure set. After gaining much success with both the Caviar pearls and the Velvet manicure sets, they chose this holiday season as the perfect time to release their most sparkly and sequin filled collection. With a scintillating mix of metallic and sparkly paillettes, this collection is guaranteed to grab attention and upgrade any Christmas party outfit. The collection is available in three different options:
Tutu Sequin Manicure set
A mix of pink, purple and red hues
Harlequin Sequin Manicure set
A primary multi-colour mix
Super Duper Sequin Manicure set
A fusion of gold, copper and black tones
I chose the Super Duper Sequin manicure set and it comes with all the essentials to achieve the look on the box. It includes a pot of sequins, a little black brush, a Glitter Grip nail polish and a plastic tray to catch the excess glitter.
1. Prep your nails by ensuring all traces of oil have been removed from using a nail polish remover to wipe the nail bed clean. Paint your nails with one coat on the Glitter Grip nail polish and let it dry.
2. Working on one nail at a time, paint a second coat of the Glitter Grip polish and dip it into the pot of sequins.
3. Take the nail out and use your finger to press the sequins onto the nail bed.
4. Use the little black brush to sweep away the excess sequins from the edges of the nails. On my index finger I opted for a different look by painting only the top half of my nail and dipping it into the pot of sequins. This is an option for those wanting perhaps a daytime look with the sequins.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for your remaining nails.
6. The final step is to seal the sequins with a third coat of the Glitter Grip polish. Wait 15-20minutes for nails to completely dry and voila; you’re set for a glamorous night out!
Each manicure set retails for £14 and are now available for purchase at Selfridges, both online and in store. I’m positive these sets will do brilliantly at this time of year because it is the perfect way to get a quick embellished dazzling finish with zero fuss. These will also make great Christmas presents for beauty enthusiasts. I wore the manicure for three days before it started to chip but I think applying the Glitter Grip after a few days will help secure the sequins for up to a week.
Thanks Kerise! The Tutu set is calling my name. My nails are short at the moment, so I have plans for a ring finger manicure.
What do you think of the Ciate Sequin Manicure?