Like everyone and their dog-sitters best friend in the blogging world I am in search of a journal. My 2017 quest for a journal leads on from last year where I bought a Personal Planner. I was impressed by the price and the fact that I could have my blog logo on it. In reality I found it to be little more than a big diary. I stopped using it after about four months. Last year I was looking for a journal to focus me on blogging. This year I am looking for a journal to sort out all aspects of my life.
- Fitness –I used to love the gym. I have a pair of size 12 (say whaaaaatt) Nike shorts that prove it. At the moment I love my sofa, especially if there is a packet of salt and sweet popcorn on it. I need to get my gym habit back.
- Blog – I have a beauty cupboard full of product and I want to test and write about. I really need a structure so that I can fit everything in around my 9 – 5.
- Social Life. The Mr and I have busy schedules. Sometimes our plans get lost in translation. Trying to sync our electronic calendars was a disaster. Having somewhere to write down who is doing what when and where would be really helpful.
- Self improvement – Yes, yawn but some kind of gratitude/thankfulness/mindfulness/inspiration/make me a better person …type-thing can only be a good thing right?
- Instagram – yes, I‘m shallow and I want an Instagram-able journal ok!
That said, my requirements are
- Ring bound so it lays flat when I write in it.
- Starts at any time of year – don’t restrict me to January please.
- Looks feels luxe – I don’t mind paying a bit extra for quality
- Minimum size A5 but I don’t mind bigger
So, I’m sure that you are saying ‘you could make your own journal’. Welp, I could, but I don’t want to. #sorrynotsorry. You may well be saying – ‘you don’t need one journal – you need lots of journals’. That may well be, and it is no problem if that is the case.
So over to you dear reader. If you have a recommendation for a great journal that more or less fits my criteria, please let me know in the comments below or tweet me so that I can get my self improvement ‘journey’ underway!