Following on from the success of their ‘Full Exposure’ palette, Smashbox bring you Double Exposure.
Using the hashtag #SHAPEMATTERS, Smashbox help you to identify the shape of your eye (almond, round, upturned, downturned, monolid or hooded) and the best way to create a day, dramatic and defined look.
The palette contains fourteen shades which are a mixture of matte, satin and micro shimmer shades. The reason the palette is called Double Exposure is because these have a wet/dry formula. When used wet the intensity / depth of the shade / level of sparkle changes. Thankfully Smashbox provide an insert to tell you how the shades transform.
- Silver – Shimmer becomes metallic
- Mauve – Satin becomes metallic
- Peony – Shimmer becomes metallic
- Blanc – Shimmer becomes metallic
- Quartz – Shimmer increases in vibrancy
- Flushed – Shimmer deepens in colour
- Veiled – Satin increases vibrancy
- Midnight – Satin gains sparkle
- Temper – Satin gains sparkle
- Haze – Shimmer deepens in colour
- Noir – Matte deepens in colour
- Cooper – Shimmer deepens in colour
- Fig – Matte deepens in colour
- Espresso – Matte deepens in colour
There is also a double ended brush in the palette both of which can be used wet or dry
When I first saw the top row, I did not think that I would use many of the colours but after seeing them wet, I reckon the silver, mauve, quartz and flushed will be on my lids regularly. The bottom row is right up my street. T.he texture of my shadows is quite buttery – the top row a bit more so then the bottom row. The packaging is pretty sturdy cardboard and the magnetic closure has a very satisfactory click. You get seventeen grams of product which is approximately 1.2 grams per colour and the palette is As a comparison, a MAC eyeshadow is one point five grams. At Smashbox eye brushes retail for sixteen pounds or more so at thirty seven pounds, this palette is great value. I like the fact that this palette has neutral and deeper shades as well as range of textures and #SHAPEMATTERS info is a great addition. Overall, this palette gets the thumbs up from me.
The Double Exposure palette is available from January 7th 2015 from Smashbox online and Smashbox counters. It retails for £37.