Yesterday I spent a very pleasant evening drinking delicious champagne and watching the very charming and very talented pro / celebrity MUA Daniel Sandler share his #FastTrackToFabulous make up tips using bespoke British brand Cosmetics a la Carte.
It was fantastic to have Lynne Saunders co founder of Cosmetics a la Carte introduced Daniel. There is clearly alot of personal and professional love and respect between them. Daniel talked about how he had been using the brand since his art school days.
Daniel is a walking encyclopedia of make up tips but here are my top ten of those he shared that evening.
- Use your fingers when applying complexion products – sponges waste product
- Take your concealer around the edge of your lips and your nose
- Daniel describes himself as a blusher freak as it brings a face to life.
- For fast makeup use blusher on your lids
- If your eyeshadow is moving on your lids, use a pigment instead
- Regardless of your age, your lids need to be bright
- Use a chamois leather rather then blotting papers to absorb excess oil on the skin
- If you are going to use a brown eyeliner, look for a ‘bitter chocolate’ shade. If the eyeliner has red pigment in it, it will make the eyes look sore
- Make sure your lashes are bone dry, and free of moisturiser when before you apply your mascara
- If you wear a bright bold lip, balance it with bolder brows.
One of the products that Daniel recommended from Cosmetics a la Carte were the Outliners. A cream eyeshadow with a gel texture that is both water resistant and crease proof. A great base for other colours or worn on their own. We were generously gifted Bazaar at the end of the event. It is a beautiful deep gold shade. I have been loving it as a pop of colour in the inner corner of my eyes or for a graphic gold liner look with an angled brush. Gorgeous. You can buy the range online (the Outliners are £28) or from their new store in Chelsea.