A fragrance advent calender is my idea of a good time. The Atelier Cologne Advent calender is a must have for fans of the range, and anyone you know who is a fragrance addict.
For me this advent calender was on my wishlist as I really enjoy Atelier Cologne scents. I know brand and love the brand for it’s fresh fragrances. The only oud from the brand that I know (and also love) is Oud Saphir so I was excited to get into the calender.
What You Get
- 1st – Cafe Tuberosa (1.7ml)
- 2nd – Cedrat Environ Soap
- 3rd – Pomelo Paradis (1.7ml)
- 4th – Rose Anomyme (1.7ml)
- 5th – Orange Sanguine (1.7ml)
- 6th – Clementine California (1.7ml)
- 7th – Vanille Insensee (1.7ml)
- 8th – Silver Iris (1.7ml)
- 9th – Bergamot Soleil (1.7ml)
- 10th – Cedrat (1.7ml)
- 11th – Mandarine Glaciale (7ml)
- 12th – Santal Carmin (1.7ml)
- 13th – Bois Blonde (1.7ml)
- 14th – Grande Neroli (1.7ml)
- 15th – Pomelo Paradis (soap)
- 16th – Cedre Atlas (1.7ml)
- 17th – Oud Saphir (1.7ml)
- 18th – Emerande Agar – (1.7ml)
- 19th – Orange Sanguine soap
- 20th – Manderine Glaciale (1.7ml)
- 21st – Sud Magnolia (1.7ml)
- 22nd – Vanille Insensee (7ml)
- 23rd – Vetiver Fatal (1.7ml)
- 24th – Orange Sanguine (7.5ml atomiser)
Room For Improvement
The value of this product is brilliant. I cant fault it and as someone who loves the brand this is a no brianer for me. However, there are a cuple of things that could be done to improve this calender further.
1 – Atomisers on all the samples. Please! I am not a fan of splashing fragrance not even cologne on my skin. I much prefer and atomiser. I accept that having an atomiser for each sample would probably increase the cost… but it would make application so much more convenient and much less messy and I would really be preparied to pay the additional cost.
2 – Twenty five windows not twenty four. I completely understand that the idea of the advent calender is the countdown to Christmas so you have twenty four windows because on Christmas day you open your Christmas presents. I get it. I do. However, having a bigger fragrance on the 25th would have been a lovely Christmas present.
3 – Less duplication. There are more than forty fragrances in the range so why so many duplicates?
- 3 x Orange Sanguine,
- 2 x Pomelo Paradis
- 2 x Vanille Insensee
- 2 x Mandarine Glaciale
- 2 x Cedrat Envirant
- 2 x Clementine California.
..seems a bit excessive. By my estimation those duplications mean that there were six fragrances that were duplicated which is a quarter of the days on the calender. With the excption of Vanille Insensee which is not my favourite scent, I dont really mind… but I would have loved to see
- Sud Magnolia
- Tobacco Nuit
- Poivre Electrique
- Musc Imperial
- Sous le Toit de Paris
- Citron D’Erable
…in the mix too. As well as frgrance and soap (the soaps are amazing by the way very finely milled and perfectly fragranced). Atelier Cologne have candles, hand creams, shower gels and body lotions. It would have been great to incorporate those too. Fingers crossed for next year.
This calender is £60 which is incredible value. 120 grams of soap and just under sixty grams of fragrance. Thirty millilitres of product (depending on the scent) retails from £60 and you are getting approximately and £11 pounds worth of soap. Cant fault it on the value. But. We are in a very advent calender market. Jo Malone’s Advent Calender is £300 this year. Not that I am suggesting that Atelier Cologne go that route, but I would have been more than prepared to pay a bit more for the improvements that I have listed above.